MobiquiThings’ solution & benefits for Transportation and Asset Tracking
- Multi-operator connectivity and on-SIM Dynamic Network Attachment :
- Enhanced coverage decreases drastically white and grey zones and improve data availability
- Multi-operator coverage avoid installation, deployment and logistics complexity with a single SIM for all networks
- Smart steering on-SIM applet dynamically connects you to the best giving network – Technology continuity mitigates the risk of 2G / 3G mobile network phase-out during the life cycle of the M2M device
- Network and Information System APIs facilitating the provisioning and management of new meters and probes (status, provisioning, QoS, statistics…)
- Reduced cross-boarder TCO
- Embedded soldered SIM reducing fraud risk and vibration + heat issues
- Eased logistics schemes for fleet equipment and management with world versatile SIM
M2M & Transportation, Asset management, Tracking
The transportation and asset tracking markets encompass a variety of M2M connectivity use cases and needs.
Products embedded with sensors enable companies to track the movements of these products and even monitor interactions with them. Business models can be fine-tuned to take advantage of this behavioral data. Some insurance companies, for example, are offering to install location sensors in customers’ cars that enable to base the price of policies on how a car is driven as well as where it travels. Pricing can be customized to the actual risks of operating a vehicle rather than based standard benchmarks.
When sensors and network connections are embedded in a rental car: it can be leased for short time spans to register members of a car service; rental centers become unnecessary, and each car’s use can be optimized for higher revenues.
Data from large numbers of sensors, deployed in moving assets (vehicle fleets, containers…), infrastructure (roads, buildings…) or to report on environmental conditions, can give fleet managers or decision makers a heightened awareness of real-time events.
Transportation and asset management industries increase the use of M2M connectivity to enhance there processes, reduce costs and human intervention risks while in many aspects improving the level of service provided to end users.
- Location Based services for moving and remote assets,
- Maintenance records,
- Toll payment,
- Navigation, Eco-driving assistance and incentive,
- Fleet and asset management and optimization,
- Vehicle telematics,
- Theft prevention and recovery,